Friday

Plum

Weekly update!
September 8, 2012

How far along are you? 12 weeks

Sleep? I sleep good, but get up to pee alot and I get thirsty at night

Best moment? I've been a smidge bit better as far as nausea is to be concerned. I still throw up here and there, but it looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for me!

Movement? no :(

Any food cravings/aversions? I love pasta, I usually don't want meat. Can't stand the smell of pizza rolls.

Gender? Uknown.

Belly button? In

What I miss? I still would have to say my appetite

Looking forward to anything? 2nd trimester is almost here!

Symptoms this week: nausea not as bad as usual, cramping/stretching of uterus

Weight gain? Haven't been on the scale lately, but I'm sure it hasn't changed much with how sick I have been lately

Wedding rings? On

Maternity clothes? I wear sweats to school and pajamas when I am home (:

What TheBump says: Things are changing fast. You’re reaching the home stretch of the first trimester (we know, finally!) at 12 weeks which means your hormones are likely to tone things down a bit -- which might make you feel a little less emotional! And it will probably help the symptoms subside a bit,  too. One warning though: your morning sickness and fatigue might get replaced by headaches and dizziness. But we think that’s a reasonable trade-off. The other big change? Baby’s almost done developing her body’s important systems and parts, which means, it’s mostly about getting bigger and more mature from here on out. Around week 12, you might want to know more about baby, so you’re probably having genetic testing done to determine her risk of birth defects or other problems. This can be a little scary -- and confusing -- so be sure to ask your OB plenty of questions, and know that it’s much more likely baby’s A-OK than anything else. Your baby's the size of a plum! The average fetus at 12 weeks is about 2.1 inches long and .49 ounces. Now that she's got pretty much all her parts, her main job is to keep on growing. Most of her critical systems are fully formed! She's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly. She's now developing her reflexes -- if you poke her body, she'll likely move. She's opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too. Her brain is developing fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment