Monday

Butternut Squash

February 20, 2013

Weekly Update

How far along are you? 34 weeks

Sleep? I sleep until about 8:30-9:30 and eat breakfast then go back to sleep until about noon.

Best moment? Our co-ed Baby Shower/BBQ! I had so much fun seeing my friends and family, and having everyone there to celebrate with us!

Movement? He must be running out of room in there. I can rarely feel him kick and move if I am standing. I have to lay down on my left side and really concentrate to do my kick counts. And sometimes he will give me some sharp jabs and kicks if I'm sitting on the couch.

Any food cravings/aversions? I'm still craving anything sweet!

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? It's still an innie!!

What I miss? A good night's sleep!

Looking forward to anything? Weekly appointments at my OB office!

Symptoms this week: Lack of sleep, nausea, Braxton Hicks, constipation, peeing all the time, almost no sleep, hungry ALL of the time, random leaky boobs, heartburn, hot all of the time!

Wedding rings? No

Maternity clothes? Loving my maternity jeans. I seriously can not believe I waited so long to get a pair.

>>>>>A picture of myself before the baby shower. 34 weeks 2 days.<<<<<


What the Bump says? Watch what you say! Your curious baby is listening in to your conversations at 34 weeks -- and might enjoy a lullaby or two -- so go ahead and sing to him. Some say that baby will recognize songs mom sings while he's in the womb, and may even be more easily soothed by them if he's used to them once he's on the "outside." At week 34, you might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space. (Ahh!) Of course, some babies don't do this until the day they're born, so we're not making any guarantees. The pitfall of this descent, of course, is even more pressure on your bladder, so be prepared to make even more trips to the ladies room over the coming weeks. Your baby's the size of a butternut squash! At less than two months to go, he weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. He's recognizing and reacting to simple songs, if you're singing them. (If you're not, start! He may find them soothing after birth.) He's also urinating about a pint a day.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment