Monday

Grapefruit

How far along are you? 23 weeks

Sleep? off and on

Best moment? Would have to be anytime I feel my baby boy roll around in my tummy

Movement? yes!

Any food cravings/aversions? I don't like the smell of pizza rolls, or ranch doritos, or toast

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? still an innie (for now)

What I miss? sleep in general

Looking forward to anything? going home for Thanksgiving break to see my family

Symptoms this week: some morning sickness, and I got a headache a couple of days

Weight gain? too much in my opinion. I checked the scale and almost cried. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to update this section anymore for the sake of my sanity.

Wedding rings? On

Maternity clothes? belly band and sweats

What TheBump says: At 23 weeks, baby's really getting ready for her big debut, listening in on what's going on in the outside world. And you're getting ready too. Just remember: While having the nursery painted and stocking it with diapers is important, there are some other pressing things you should have on your radar. Namely, financials. Around week 23 is a good time to call your and your partner's insurance agent to check how you're currently covered and decide what adjustments you'll want to make for baby. You might also want to start thinking about writing a will, if you don't have one, or updating your current one. How's baby's savings account going? If you're like, "what savings account?" that's okay. But decide whether or not you want to start one for her. One study found that kids who have their own savings account are more likely to go to college, and another one estimated the average cost of raising a baby until age 18 to be over $226,000. Whoa! Your baby's the size of a grapefruit! At about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces, baby's not just getting bigger, she's getting even cuter. She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!). Her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out. She's listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment