Friday

Green Olive

Weekly update, enjoy!
August 30, 2012

How far along are you? 9 weeks

Sleep? I have been sleeping pretty decently surprisingly! I just get up a hundred times to pee.

Best moment? We tore up the carpet in the baby's room and put down a laminate wood floor. We also got a crib and changing station!!

Movement? nope

Any food cravings/aversions? Sometimes my appetite will be nice, and sometimes it sucks. I have Zofran, but I can't take it unless I absolutely have to. It has a tendency to stop me up :( I got really brave and decided to drink prune juice. That stuff has got to be the most repulsive stuff on the face of the earth. I opened the jug to smell it to see if I could tolerate it and I almost threw up. The only way I could drink it was in a shot glass with my nose pinched and a "chaser" drink made from V8 Fusion and pineapple juice. I also stocked up on Fiber One bars and it seems to be helping.

Gender? Uknown.

Belly button? In

What I miss? These days I am missing being able to take a really hot steamy bath. This whole "only being able to take a warm bath" thing has about outstayed its welcome. I'm doing my best to get over it, 'cause what else choice do I have?

Looking forward to anything? My ultrasound on Aug. 22!!

Symptoms this week: I have actually thrown up more this week than any other, which sucks. My medicine gives me a headache. And everyday I feel like I ran a marathon. Yay me! And I swear if I hear "it will all be worth it in the end" one more time, I will personally punch whoever said it in the face. More than likely this won't happen, but it feels good to imagine it in my head.

Weight gain? I am at 141.6 lbs. So, I am down a little bit from last week, but it makes sense because I can't keep a lot down lately.

Wedding rings? On, and definitely not looking forward to my hands and feet swelling.

Maternity clothes? I need some elastic waisted pants so bad, but I can't find any khakis for work. They are all way too dressy for what I need. So, I just keep my pants unbuttoned and keep my cami pulled down. It works for now. And I put my 2 weeks notice in at work anyways, so I won't need any maternity khakis.

What TheBump says: As you squeeze into your jeans and struggle to button your shirt, try enjoying the gain -- after all, when was the last time putting on the pounds was totally guilt-free? It's also probably time for some new lingerie. Your sore, bigger-by-the-minute boobs will feel so much better in a maternity bra. Baby's now the size of a green olive! Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment