Monday

Cantaloupe

November 28, 2012

How far along are you? 24 weeks

Sleep? almost non-existent this past week. I've never been a side-sleeper, so this has really been a struggle for me. Apparently sleeping solely on my sides for the past 5 months has pulled a muscle in my shoulder. It's a spot about the size of a quarter that feels like it's being stretched to max capacity and burns like hell! I have a heat bean bag that makes it feel a lot better, but the heat doesn't last but a couple of hours, so when it goes out, I have to get up to reheat it in the microwave. Plus, every time I roll over, I have to re-maneuver the beanbag to make sure it stays where I want it to. Such a pain in the ass.

Best moment? Completely non-related to baby, but we went Christmas shopping for a few people. I put up my Christmas tree, and I only have 2 more weeks of school!

Movement? yes! My little nugget is very active and I've definitely noticed a pattern.

Any food cravings/aversions? I don't like the smell of pizza rolls, or ranch doritos, or toast

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? still an innie (for now) and I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time.

What I miss? being able to sleep on my belly, and tanning in a tanning bed.

Looking forward to anything? this fall school semester to be OVER!

Symptoms this week: morning sickness, headaches, lower back aches, and leg cramps at night when I roll over to switch positions

Wedding rings? On

Maternity clothes? belly band and sweats

>>>> A picture of me at 24 weeks!



What TheBump says: Drink up! Around 24 weeks, your doctor will order a Glucose Tolerance Test -- one of the more memorable prenatal tests -- to see if you're at risk for gestational diabetes. Basically, the test is designed to see how your body processes sugar, so you'll be asked to drink a cup of sweet drink called Glucola (which reminded us of Gatorade) and then hang out for an hour. Once the hour is up, you'll have your blood drawn and then it will be tested to see how your body has processed the sugar. You know what's also sweet? Those movements and kicks you've been feeling. They seem to get stronger every week. At week 24, baby's progress isn't just about internal stuff, it's about her looks too. With pinker, more opaque skin, she's looking more and more, well, like a baby. You, on the other hand, are probably experiencing some of the discomforts of the later months of pregnancy at week 24 -- leg cramps, backaches, swollen feet. Hang in there, mama-to-be! Your baby's the size of a cantaloupe! Your 10.5 to 11.8 inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week she gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive) in the outside world. Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque. And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment