Monday

Eggplant

December 29, 2012

How far along are you? 28 weeks

Sleep? some days I sleep great and others I sleep like crap.

Best moment? Just knowing I'm in the third trimester is pretty exciting! Plus we were able to go home to Anacoco to spend 5 days for Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year and being with my family made it perfect.

Movement? My little nugget has become pretty active most days!

Any food cravings/aversions? I'm still craving anything sweet and my food aversions change every day.

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? It's still an innie!!

What I miss? Being able to tie my shoes!

Looking forward to anything? Nothing special. It's been a quiet week around our house.

Symptoms this week: Nausea, Braxton Hicks (which I've been having for a few weeks now), my lower back has been KILLING me if I do too much on my feet, and speaking of feet, they are starting to swell a little and hurt when I spend too much time on them.

Wedding rings? I'm officially not wearing any rings. *Insert sad face here* My hands are just swollen enough that I could probably wear my rings, but I'm too scared.

Maternity clothes? I have one or two pairs of "fat pants" I can wear with my belly band. And as far as shirts, I can wear my regular t-shirts, but my stomach hangs out of the bottom like I have a beer belly. I wear Adam's shirts whenever I can.

What TheBump says: Welcome to the third trimester! Moms-to-be who are at 28 weeks and beyond are known for their lack of sleep. Remember if you find yourself up in the middle of the night, do something relaxing. This is not the time to vacuum the house from top to bottom -- even though you might feel the urge to do that at some point. Read a book, drink chamomile tea, listen to soothing music. Then try to get back to bed and get some rest! Being in the third trimester also means much of your and baby's anatomy are ready to go -- she's preparing for breathing, and your breasts already have colostrum, which is what baby will eat the first few days until your milk comes in. You'll also start feeling more Braxton Hicks contractions as your body gets ready for labor. Baby will keep getting bigger -- and smarter -- after week 28, and other than that, she just needs a few more finishing touches. Your baby's the size of an eggplant. Putting on layers of fat, your baby now weighs in around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and measures about 13.6 to 14.8 inches. She's starting to develop more fat, so her wrinkly skin will start to get smoother. Her lungs are mature enough that she'd probably survive if she was born now. Wow!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment