Monday

Mango

October 25, 2012

How far along are you? 19 weeks

Sleep? I had a couple of nights I had some deep sleep even though I had to get up to pee every single time I rolled over.

Best moment? nothing pertaining to this pregnancy, but I dropped Microbiology. Thank the good Lord above!

Movement? slowed down this week, I think because he's switched positions

Any food cravings/aversions? bleh...

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? still an innie, but I think it's only a matter of time before it's an outie

What I miss? sleep, my appetite, being able to function like a normal human being, eating without spilling something on my shirt, not being sick to my stomach 75% of the day

Looking forward to anything? get more furniture for Aiden's nursery

Symptoms this week: I had a lightheaded/dizzy spell one day and I was really close to passing out (yes I had eaten already and no, I wasn't dehydrated) and I'm still a little bit nauseated

Weight gain? no clue, but probably a little more than last time I weighed at the doctor's office because my belly has popped out more since then

Wedding rings? On

Maternity clothes? belly band with my jeans or sweats. maternity pants are extremely expensive. I still don't have any maternity tops or dresses

What TheBump says: At 19 weeks, you're probably getting psyched for your mid-pregnancy ultrasound. Most parents-to-be think of this test as the chance they get to find out baby's sex. But you actually will see a lot more than baby's boy or girl parts. The ultrasound technician will scan pretty much all of baby's body to make sure everything's developing properly. Don't leave the place without getting some printouts from the scan to take home with you and show off. Of course, going in for your test isn't the only thing you should be planning ahead for around week 19, you should also probably start the search for a pediatrician. Start by asking some family and friends for recommendations and then make a few appointments to meet with the docs. So what do you think it is -- a boy or girl? Your baby's the size of a mango! At about 6.0 inches long and weighing in at about 8.5 ounces, she's getting there! Developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth. Working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain.


                              

No comments:

Post a Comment