Saturday

Be Grateful

"...Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it..."

I am a fairly indecisive person, which means I have trouble coming up with "favorites." I have a lot of favorites. I like a lot of things and can almost never narrow anything down to just ONE favorite. It'll never happen. That's just who I am.

So, in choosing a quote for today's challenge, I decided to use one that I go back to often. 

"Sometimes you are delayed where you are because God knows there's a storm where you're headed. Be grateful."

I found this quote one day as I was aimlessly browsing Pinterest (you can follow me here.) It credits www.spirituallythinking.blogspot.com.




This quote speaks to me in many ways. I do consider myself a Christian, but by no means a perfect one. But one thing I often catch myself doing is questioning God. I always ask him things like "why didn't my alarm go off, how could you let me over sleep and miss work?!" or "why did my car decide to have a blow out NOW? God, how could you let this happen?" After I'm through questioning Him, I tend to realize that it always sounds like I'm blaming him. When, in reality there could have been a million things happen to me if I would have woke up at the right time or if I didn't have a blow out and stop on the side of the road. I could have been in a wreck that hurt me or someone else. I have come to realize that this is God's way of preventing bad things from happening to me. He's letting me stay here on Earth a little longer. He's telling me I have more life to live and it's not time for me to come Home just yet. I have to really pay attention to this quote more often and stop blaming God for all of the "bad" things that I think are happening and realize that my life is, in all actuality, good. 



What quote speaks to you? 

2 comments:

  1. "Radical Acceptance is the willingness to experiences ourselves and our lives as it is." -Tara Brach.


    www.findingonespath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love that quote! I struggle sometimes with accepting that I can't change things to what I want them to be, I have to accept them for what they are.

      Delete