Wednesday

1 Month

Aiden's first month in this big, bright world was definitely a crazy one. Not only am I learning how to be a parent and take care of a fragile tiny being, I'm learning about life and the true meaning of love. 

The first month was as terrifying as it was exhausting. No matter how tired I thought I was though, there was a little person who completely depended on me, who needed me to be there to comfort him, feed him, and (most importantly) love him. 

No amount of lack of sleep or the feeling like my brain is slowly slipping away will ever make me trade this experience for the world. Aiden is the light of my life and the reason I breathe. 

The first month with my sweet boy passed by way too fast. This scares me. It scares me because I'm afraid I'm going to miss something. I'm afraid I'll forget how tiny his feet are, or how little his hand was as it wrapped ever so tightly around my finger for the very first time. Afraid that I wouldn't be able to remember how his 6 pound body felt almost weightless in my arms, because he was so tiny. There were lots of things I thought I might forget. So, I cherished every single second. Every waking and sleeping second. 

It's amazing to me how much a baby can change in the matter of weeks, and even days. Here is his 1 month update.

Sleeping patterns: fall asleep right after your bottle and sleeps for about 2 hours. 3 hours was rare.

Eating habits: about 2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours

New discoveries I made: making lots of cute, funny faces

My accomplishments: picking head up during tummy time on mommy and daddy's chest

Places I went: you stayed at home most of the time, because you were so young we didn't want you exposed to lots of germs, but we did go to Anacoco for Easter to show you off to the family

Special memories: your cord stump finally fell off when you were 6 weeks old!

Likes: cuddling, being talked to, looking at the light

Dislikes: getting his diaper changed, waiting longer than 0 seconds for his bottle


>>>>> 1 Month <<<<<
04.01.13
Height - 21 inches at 2 weeks old
Weight - 7 pounds 12 ounces at 2 weeks old

*Our pediatrician doesn't see babies at 1 month, instead sees them at 2 weeks*




No comments:

Post a Comment