Wednesday

DIY Sugar Scrub

I don't know what it is about these pregnancy hormones, but they are totally drying my skin out! I mean, c'mon, what happened to that pregnancy glow I'm supposed to get and those long luscious locks? They are no where to be found.

Aiden went down for a nap and left me bored and alone, so I got in the mood to do a project! I dug out an old mason jar I had stored and grabbed the rest of the stuff I needed. I made this one up as I went, and I'll admit, I really love it!



You will need:
  • 1 mason jar - I used a wider top jar
  • 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp baby oil
  • 1/4 cup Dawn dish soap with Olay Hand Renewal
  • any kind of cute cupcake wrapper you have lying around

What to do:
  1. Start by adding 3/4 cup of sugar to your mason jar.
  2. Next, add the 2 tbsp of baby oil and give the mixture a good stir.
  3. Now you are going to add about 1/4 cup of the dish soap.
  4. Stir your scrub really, really well. Lift up the jar and look at the bottom to be sure you haven't left any white sugar at the bottom.
  5. It might look a little thin, but I promise when you pour some into your palm and begin to scrub your hands, it will be a perfect consistency! 
  6. Add your cupcake wrapper to the top of your mason jar (between the lid and rim.)
Voila! Be sure to follow up your scrubbing with your favorite lotion! Not only is this really easy to do, but it's so cheap and it smells so amazing! I hope you enjoyed this super simple tutorial! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment