Tuesday

My Recipe Binder

Can I just start by saying that there are not enough hours in the day to get sh*t done. I mean, seriously? I think moms across the world should be allowed, I don't know, like, however many hours they please! We deserve it! But that's not the way the world works, sadly.

So, with all of these extra hours that I don't have, my organization and cleanliness has been slacking, for reals. I usually lay in bed at night browsing Pinterest until I completely pass out. They have so many recipes on there! I'm a sucker for a new recipe. Food is totally my love language. Cook me a good meal, and I'll be your best friend for-ev-er! No, really. That's kind of why I gained sixty pounds when I was pregnant with Aiden...that boy made me HUNGRY, but I do believe it was all out of love!

So, between my husband and I, we have accumulated a few cookbooks. We have all different kinds ranging from baking, to grilling, to the kind you get at Church. Adam is extremely picky; he's probably more picky than any four year old you'll ever meet. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me (love you, honey!) So, with that, we only have a handful of things we eat often and that list gets put on repeat which gets old. I love trying new things, especially new foods - yum!

So, as we try new recipes, I usually scribble them down on scrap paper and keep them in a pile. This gets messy! I also hate that I have to scavenge all of my cookbooks to find that one specific recipe that I know I've cooked before, but can't remember where I found it!

So, I've decided to put together a recipe binder to keep all of the recipes organized and in one spot! I found an empty binder in my cabinet and printed off some free printables online! You can find some really adorable kits on Etsy, but I didn't want to pay for something I could find for free on the world wide web. I did a quick google search and found the cover sheet and spine label from Richly Blessed. I downloaded the category sheets from Happily Hope and used Microsoft Publisher to add my category titles. All I did was place the sheets in plastic protectors; it's super simple! I will probably get those sticky tab dividers and add them to the protectors so I can tell where each category is from the outside without flipping through the entire binder.

I think they turned out super cute! I'm really happy with them.








For now, I'm just adding all of my recipes to the binder "as is", but eventually I will type them all out on the computer so they are legible and more presentable! I can't wait to get this baby filled up! I'd love for this to get passed on to my kids one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment